Here was a little nasty leftover. I did not do the actual p2v, so when I found the error in the event viewer at first I was a little perplexed-but I found the fix by doing a little detective work. If you have the same error, consider the following:
VSTOR-P2V30 is left over from P2v
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Time: 9:06:35 AM
The Vstor2 P2V30 Virtual Storage Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Careful with Registry on this. Export Key(s) just in case.
1. I tried stopping the service and removing from startup but I still got error.
2. I also deleted it from the System --- show hidden devices.
3. I searched in Registry for: vstor2-p2v30.
4. Found it in: hkey_local_machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\ and hkey_local_machine\System\ControlSet002\Services\, and hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
5. After exporting the keys just for safety --- I deleted:
hkey_local_machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\ and hkey_local_machine\System\ControlSet002\Services\
6. Could not delete the last one.
7. Error went away